Thursday, August 26, 2010

Autumn Wedding


One of my Sisters is going to be having an Autumn Wedding. How lovely! The colors and scents of Fall are so inspirational, so glorious.

I decided to have some fun and peruse Etsy for a fantastic collection of great items for an Autumn Wedding, and wanted to share those items with her and everyone else!


Handfasting is an ancient European ritual that some people are not familiar with. It has such beautiful sentiment. This is where our Modern term "Tying the Knot" is from. The couple joins hands, and the cord is symbolically tied around their hands and wrists. I really love that tradition....My sister will be doing a handfasting during her ceremony, and I found the most perfect handfasting cord for her in Liorah Lleucu's shop. It's beautiful, no?






When I got Married, one of the most enduring gifts that I received was Custom Champagne Bottle Labels. A life long friend, who was also one of my Bridesmaids, had them made up for us, and even went the extra mile and soaked off all of the original labels to replace them with the customs. (Hey, I am so lazy with some things and love short cuts--so it dazzled me. I just woulda slapped em on over the old labels.) I still have a couple extra, unused labels laying around and will most likely use them for a future long term Anniversary. When I saw these custom labels from LZ Designs, all of my sweet memories rushed back. Sometimes it's the little touches that can be so Grand. These labels are quintessential to the perfect Fall Wedding.

LZ Designs



For many of us, a fond image that comes to my mind when thinking of Fall is the beautiful leaves. One of my favorite memories growing up is of the leaves changing to all of those beautiful colors on the trees that lined all of the streets in our neighborhood. There was a charge to the air that just felt....special and magical. = )

I found these Beautiful, Handmade Sugar Leaves from Andies Specialty Sweets. I am a huge sugar junkie, and if you make it beautiful-even better! These would look wonderful scattered across a cake, or even with one topping a cupcake.

Andies Specialty Sweets





Birch Hill Crafts and I seem to share the same love of super-fine glitter--one of the loveliest and best glitters you can use. I don't *always* have the time to hand glitter things for many of the projects I want to do, and I certainly know that a Bride does not have the time to. Birch Hill Crafts to the rescue with these beautiful hand glittered Acorns. Fall with a bit of a Fairy touch.



How many of us are old enough to remember when Rice was thrown at Weddings? That evolved into Birdseed(eh), which evolved into Rose Petals(nice), I have even seen "releasing" of butterflies (that can have an unhappy ending, don't try it) Well! Bragging Bags has come up with the most novel idea. I am just in love with this...Throwing Mini Pumpkins!!!! Does it get better than that? I would love to pelt (oh, lovingly toss! Lovingly toss) the Bride with these. Bragging Bags also mentions that a Flower Girl could toss these down the aisle instead of Rose Petals. I personally like this so much that I would use them for both purposes.





In the spirit of a magickal wedding, we can not forget the Fae! I was super excited to find The Faery Watcher's Shop, and to find this particular Harvest Offering piece in particular. This would make a great addition to any wedding, and the best part is, it can be tucked into any nook, tree, corner, or whatever great spot one can come up with.



Every Wedding needs Favors. I was able to find not one, but two Fabulous favors in a shop called Nature Favors. The first one is so fun...fall leaf confetti that is actually a plantable mix of annual and perrenial seeds, and I feel it pretty much speaks for itself.

The second Favor by Nature Favors is a bit decadent, in my opinion. I love it. A delight for both sight and smell, and a great keepsake for guests (and the Bride & Groom?) to have in their home.







I love clothing....I change costumes (ahem, clothes) a few times a day if given the chance and the proper environment. So I personally think it is wholey appropriate for a Bride to change gowns. This Autumn Pixie gown is a STUNNER. I can only imagine how gorgeous this must be in person. Actually, all of the gowns that Deconstructress has in her shop are Stunning and Unique.

The last two items I am featuring in this Blog are items that I also feel, speak for themselves. There are so many possibilities with these Masks, and as they were both so Extraordinary they were just begging to be in the blog. Really, I could probably take one of everything from The Art of The Mask's shop, and what also strikes me is that the service of having a cast of your face made and a custom mask commissioned from such a talented artist is essentially a dream come true. At least for me, and who doesn't like a good trip to Seattle now and again anyhow? Please take a look through their shop and read the great descriptions on their creative process to hand make these masks.


3 comments:

  1. Wondrous post and items! The fairy dress and masks are absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of plantable confetti, how cool is that? And those sugar leaves look so real, I wonder how they taste. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Aquariann! I really want to buy one of her dresses and a few of those masks!

    HotJavva-Me too!
    I think the leaves will be tasty-with a hint of chocolate, I believe I read in the ingredients?

    ReplyDelete